16 December 2004

Ya know...

I really wish I had more interesting things to post about. Especially the past week or so, I've had this huge hankerin' to blog and I'm just dry on material (as if I were ever "wet"...ha!). I don't do anything. I don't ever feel creative enough to write up a quick story or anything. I don't socialize enough to know a bunch of random quirky people to write about.

Jeff will be home this Saturday until the 28th. I'm ecstatic, of course, and I hope we get to spend plenty of time together but he'll have quite a few people to check, especially during the holidays. Jen's family...his sisters, I believe, will be here at some point...my family...and his dad (of course, on the bright side, since Tim's living here, that sorta cancels out any and all trips out to Grimes in order to see him; the more Jeff here, the better ;-)).

Today was the last day of the fall semester for me. I woke up at 6:30AM, ate breakfast, lounged until 7AM, then started getting ready. I left at 7:30AM and was at school for crew call at 8AM.

See, we've got crew call an hour before the taping, so we can set up the studio and prepare. We gotta make sure the basketball highlights are available and not pure shit, we gotta get the host on the right track, we gotta set up the cameras, etc. Alotta work goes into TV shows, damnit, you people should know this!

So we were all set up and ready to roll at like 8:45AM and the host didn't roll in until about 9:05AM and after another 15 or 20 minutes...we still didn't have the girls' basketball team coach. Which is, well, very important seeing as how...well, it's her show! So Sandy, the producer, got ahold of her or one of her "people"...and she had completely forgot about the show this morning and she had a meeting at 10AM. So we were, for the moment, completely fucked.

We watched the one (and so far only) completed corporate video project and talked about it briefly...then I came home for about an hour, chilled, and then went back to school so we could do the show at 12:30PM. Everyone showed up, we were all set, and we shot. Turned out pretty decent.

One of the coach's shows from this season will eventually be submitted to the Student Emmys which, even if I'm just a camera operator, is exciting. The way our professor hypes us up as a class makes me think we'd have a pretty good chance at winning one and - again, even as a camera operator (well, then again, I'll be doing TelePrompTer and Assistant Audio next semester) - it'd be cool to be able to say I was a part of it.

So things went well and I was outta there by...I dunno, 2PM, I guess. And then I've just been sitting on my ass...I'm ready to enjoy my winter break, even though it'll consist of me doing absolutely nothing but sitting on my ass. And sleeping. Lots of that.

I wish I could go see Motley Crue in March... =o\ That would've been extremely cool, but it seems destined to not happen.

I'm hungry and there's absolutely nothing in the house to eat. My mom was gonna go to the store Monday night...didn't go. I don't remember what we ate for dinner, either, but something...obviously. She was gonna go on Tuesday, and didn't. I had to get some lunch from Wal-Mart and then for dinner, she made spaghetti cuz we had stuff for that. Then she was gonna go tonight, but didn't, and we had McDonald's. I hope she goes tomorrow night because 1) I only have one can of Mountain Dew left and 2) well, I'm hungry, and I need food! I'm turning into a fat ass.

I find it interesting that in a recent debate I've been semi-engaged in...it seems to be brought to everyone's attention how we're all born sinners and the only way into Heaven is to choose (which is a conscious act, not something that can just sorta "happen" on its own) Jesus Christ and follow him, etc., or whatever.

On the same note, though, when asked about babies/infants/toddlers that die - when they're too young to even comprehend concepts of life, death, afterlife, saviors, or religion - they automatically go to Heaven because "they do not know right from wrong" and are "innocent."

Soo...babies are "innocent sinners?" Sinnocent, perhaps?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is called a "flaw in logic." But then again...religion and logic don't belong anywhere near one another... =o(

I love being right, though. The argument on their side, of course, is circular...I can ask about babies all day long and they'll tell me they're innocent...but I, as a grown man (well, sorta, lol), am a sinner because I was born that way.

I dunno...I guess "baby" precedes "birth" on a Christian timeline.

Cartman: DURRRRRRRRR!

Anyway, I think I'm gonna wrap this up. IMO, it was a semi-interesting entry...so let's try not to kill it by dragging it out too long.

PeaZeaBia!

(That's Wigger for "peace, bitch!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home